Monday, June 1, 2009

Round Lake Outlet











Jamison took some time out of being a new father to accompany me to the remote region of the park to get some Class IV-IV+ boating in. We paddled the three miles of flat water that is Round Lake to get to the outlet, where the action quickly picked up. The first mile drops over 150' and is ended with a sweet quarter mile long continuous rapid with some nice drops. We gauged it to be IV+, and thought with a bit more water, it could jump up to a fiver. Wouldn't want to get hurt back here, as we were miles from anything. We finished with a paddle through the bog, and finished with a sweet drop under route 30 right into Tupper Lake.


The pics are from the first rapid we had to scout, and the rest we took video with Jamison's camera. Hopefully I will get my hands on the film and post that.


enjoy.

2 comments:

Doug Haney said...

Hi Matthew, my friend Mary Thill sent me a link to this post. I've been out all spring with a broken hand, but definitely want to get back into boating in a few more weeks.

Chipper said...

yeah, the outlet wasn't crazy high this day, but it was still fun. give me a call when your back in the boat.